Friday, October 3, 2008

BOYS

What's with boys and bugs? Are they really that interesting? Hmm, I just don't see it.
This morning I gave the boys each small bowl of goldfish crackers. Jacks dumped both his and Bennetts' on the floor. Bennett started yelling at him "No, no! Jacks. No, no." The he asked me to help him pick them up. As I dropped down beside them to clean up Bennett had the following conversation with himself:
Bennett: "Jacks go away!"
"Bennett, you want to go to your room?"
"No"
"Be nice then"
"Okay"
All was mumbled under his breath...I guess he really is listening to me... just chooses to ignore.

8 comments:

lacey said...

HA! I laughed so hard reading that! Kennedy does the same thing. She'll mumble little conversations to herself too. And, she LOVES bugs too. Well, just to look... not to touch of course :)

Heather said...

I love that child! He is one smart cookie!! I wish he was around so I could see him and his crazy antics!

Michelle said...

Bennett reallly cracks me up... You've done such a good job that you don't even have to say anything anymore! He takes care of both sides of the conversation. I think he will improve the car ride to Arizona. I can't wait to see you Saturday!!!!

byrdfam said...

I think you have the cutest little boys!!! I love that they are 100% interested in the bugs and nothing else. They are just super cute!

Bethany and Terry said...

Just thought I'd say hello. Saw your blog on Holly's. Hope you are well. Your boys are adorable.

Have a great weekend.

The McClellan Family said...

Hey thanks for the recipe! Nothing better then an easy cookie recipe that's yummy! I love that your boys are well ALL BOY! Sometimes I get so sick of all the bugs and dirt! I can't wait for princesses and bows and tutu's!

hjjepp said...

glad you guys got home ok. That's so cute Bennett had fun with Brenden. My boys love other kids. And you're welcome for the onesies. I'm sure I'll be sending you more girlie stuff since I have no girls to buy for!

Kim and Justin said...

I feel so bad I haven't gotten back to you. My life has been sooo stressful. I keep waiting for it to slow down and get easier. With two it just hasn't done that yet. I hope you are going to be in Rigby the same time I am! I miss you!!! What are your kids going to be for Halloween?