Monday, February 1, 2010

Boo-hoo-hoo

It is with regret and shame I inform you that I foolishly laughed at my sister, Michelle. She cried the day she dropped her two girls off at pre-school. That teasing has now come back to bite me.


Jacks first day of pre-school was today. He's in the speech therapy program at the elementary school.

As I dropped him off at his class, he quickly withdrew his tiny hand from mine, and happily hung his backpack up on his hook. He excitedly washed his hands, and immediately headed off to hang with the other kids...

I shed a tear or two. The pre-school teacher (who laughed) said he would be fine as I babbled about how small he was.


Once I felt my nose starting to twinge I thought I might possibly loose it (unacceptable for someone like me who prides themselves on not being a ninnyhead at things like this) (I mean no offense to others)

When we went to pick Jacks up he was soooo dissapointed he had to leave (another fracture to my heart)


I just can't wait til next week to see what I do when the pre-school bus comes to pick him up at the house. I hope I don't decide to chase it down the road after Jacks had boarded.

2 comments:

S and K said...

I know exactly how you feel, I always thought it would be easy or I might even dance away because I had a break...so not the case. I even got teary eyed last week when I went to register E for KINDERGARTEN, the kids rushing in the halls literally made my stomach turn that I'd be sending him to such a big school---and all the outside influences that he's going to have to deal with. YUCK, I don't like when things change! And I DON'T like it when kids grow up!
That's my speil for the day!! :)
GOOD LUCK to you when that bus comes!!! ---do resist the urge to run after it!! haha ;)

Michelle said...

I second the resist the urge to run after the bus unless you are going to have Matt tape it and you will post it. I could really use a good laugh! ;)