Jacksen Matthew was born Monday, February 5, 2007 at 2:20 pm
He was 8 lbs 21 inches long
I went into the hospital Monday morning with a little trepidation. I had known they were going to be starting me. It was difficult to get any sleep with all the anticipation. I finally gave up trying after I had a dream... I was finally delivering my baby only to discover I had birthed a baby horse. I was so disappointed because I had really been looking forward to another baby boy.
When I got all settled in my room they checked me and discovered that I was actually already in labor. I was 4 centimeters so they waited until 9am to give me any pitocine. At 12:30 I was finally at 7 centimeters and asked for some pain killers. They gave me 1/2 a milligram and I was out. I mostly slept until I frantically woke up just after 2pm saying I needed to push.
The nurse gave me a look like..."Yeah right, you were just sleeping" but graciously checked me and discovered that indeed it was time to start pushing. They called my doctor to come to the hospital, but it was questionable about whether she would make it in time or not. The doctor breezed in 10 minutes later, just in time to throw on a pair of gloves and catch my beautiful baby boy.
Matt was a little disappointed. He had wanted to deliver this baby, but things had happened so fast there just wasn't time.
We love Jacks so much, and are so blessed to have him as part of our family.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jacks!!! It's amazing how fast they grow up. Can't wait for this snow to go away and for you to come and visit. The boys will love to play here!
OH he is CUTE!!!!! I loved hearing the story! And I can't believe you fell ASLEEP, ASLEEP during labor! But I love that you wake up all ready and needing to push...I don't know it just seems so much like you it cracks me up a lot! Happy Birthday to one CUTE little boy!!!
Post a Comment