Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zions Canyon

On our way home from Idaho we decided to drive through Zions Canyon to connect us to US-89. We had never been that way. I thought we were going to have a lovely scenic drive.
As we entered the park. A huge storm started. Thunder and lighting was hitting the tops of the mountain. The wind picked up and was whipping everything around. The rain was coming down so hard. It was streaming off the cliffs making gigantic waterfalls.
Water was forming rivers down the switch back we were driving up. Mud was spouting off the cliffs onto the road. We couldn't turn around, and couldn't stop, so we kept going.

It was absolutely crazy. I've never been in a storm like that. It was a little scary, but amazing to see.
I don't know if we'll ever choose to go that way again.

No comments: