The first day of school for my boys was September 7th. Bennett and Jacks were so excited for school to begin again.
I enrolled Bennett in the only preschool that had an opening, Lander Christian Academy. I was worried after the first day; Bennett's classmates were all so much younger than him. Most were 3 and younger 4 year olds who haven't learned their letters, numbers, or colors yet. Bennett's schedule was 5 days a week for 3 hours and all he was doing was coloring.
Well a miracle happened. I was pretty depressed about the school situation and Bennett wasn't excited either. I was considering pulling him out. But in the summer I had called and put his name on a waiting list at Lander's Childrens' Museum. They started a new preschool called Curious Minds, it's actually a Kindergarten Prep class. It's designed for kids who are in the same position as Bennett, right on the boarder line of being able to go to kindergarten, but would be a lot younger than other classmates.
Well I jumped on the opportunity when they called to say they had an opening for Bennett. He now goes Tues - Friday from 8 to 12. Bennett's teacher is a man, Mr. Mike, who is great with the kids. I was a little worried when I met him. He was wearing sandals and a pony tale. Bennett said yesterday at lunch all the kids begged him to take his hair out and "rock out". Bennett said he looked like a "rock star"....I guess that is good, right? Anyway, Bennett is now a much happier kid at school (what a difference 2 great days can make), and I'm much, much happier with the situation.
Jacks also started school. He LOVES it. His schedule is Monday/Tuesday from 8:30-11am. Wednesday-Friday he begs me to take him to school. I'm going to take that as a good sign.
The bad sign....There was a mountain lion seen at the apartments in front of his school in broad daylight yesterday. They haven't caught the mountain lion yet, but several people have seen it and they are telling everyone to be very cautious. (DUH!)
The interesting part to me? The moment people saw the mountain lion, they called the Fish & Game. 30 minutes later the F &G show up, but the mountain lion is gone. The F & G office is about 2 buildings down from the preschool...Talk about slow response time.
I'm now having a horrible internal debate. Bright and early Monday morning I have to drop Jacks off at school. Do I have to be brave and take him in, or can I let him run for it by himself and pray for a good outcome? Tough decision?
PS...I'm just kidding Mom, I promise I won't let Jacks go by himself!
2 comments:
Right...You know you want to have him make a run for it himself ;)!
What a handsome picture of Bennett! He has the sweetest personality.
Post a Comment