School started August 22nd. Bennett is now in the first grade and Jacks has started kindergarten. I can't believe how big these boys are getting! They were both pretty excited for school to start. I heard many conversations in the backseat of the car with Bennett giving Jacks the insider information he would need to survive. School is 8:05 - 3:05 for both of them. It's amazing how much I feel I can accomplish during the day while they are at school, however, a small part misses having them with me... Except for when I need to run to the store. It's enjoyable having only one child to contend with during the shopping experience.
A sweet moment: We were in Riverton buying some school shoes two days before school started. After we made our purchases we headed to the car. Jacks got into his seat and buckled up and I noticed he was a little teary eyed. I asked him what was wrong and he said he was nervous for school because he was shy and didn't know the other kids. Bennett who was sitting in the seat next to him, before I could say anything, he had his arms around Jacks trying to comfort him.
I do have to admit, I cried a teeny tiny bit when I dropped Jacks off at his classroom. As we walked into the school, Bennett yell "See ya later" and ran off to his class before I could even blink. Jacks tried to ditch me also at the kindergarten hall, but I held on tight...for his sake, of course.
Jemma will start school on September 4th at my preschool, but I thought for once in my life I would be on top of the game and get the 1st day of school photo out of the way 2 weeks early. Pretty clever if you ask me.
She has been so excited to wear her school clothes and fix a lunch everyday this week as we've gone over to the preschool to get the class ready. She loves being around the other kids and can't wait for them to come back to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment