Friday, August 15, 2014

William Rolph McNichol

Towards the middle of February we received a call from our cousin Krysti. Uncle Bill was in the hospital. His brain cancer had returned and asked us all to come out. Michelle, Heather, and I booked our plane tickets immediately and headed out to Philedalphia, Pennsylvania. When we got out there I got to spend some great time with Krysti, her husband Bob, and their daughter Olivia. I also got to have some great talks with Uncle Bill and Aunt Robin. I was able to spend almost a week in PA and I'm very glad I got that opportunity to tell Uncle Bill how grateful I was for him and how much I love him. 
On March 23, 2014 Uncle Bill passed away early in the quiet morning. He was home with his family who loved him. 
I will miss our talks, his encouragement, and unconditional love. I'm grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel and eternal families. I know that this goodbye is temporary and that we will be with all our loved ones again someday. I'm so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for the sacrifice he made on the cross for me. I know He lives and we will live again after death also. 

No comments: