Where has Matt brought me!!! I have finally been awakened from my blissful ignorance that snakes only exist on the tv or in the zoo. The other day the boys and I were walking around the neighborhood and came upon a snake bathing in the sun. Fortunately Bennett didn't see it or, I'm sure, it would have become his new favorite toy. I gave it a wide birth and headed on home trying to put it out of my mind and convince myself it was just a wicked trick played by the neighborhood boys, setting out a plastic one to see who they could get to scream...it almost worked on me.
Last night Matt was in the backyard, only two steps away from our deck and started yelling for Bennett to come quick. I went out to find Matt excitedly showing Bennett a snake that was slithering through the rocks and weeds. EWWW!!! I packed myself up and headed immediately into the house, only to have nightmares all night long.
Today as Matt was mowing the lawn. Jacks was wondering around, he had gone without his shoes, as I bent to pick him up there was a snake that was only a reach away from his feet. Jacks is super lucky I thought to take him with me when I started running for the house.
Who knew snakes were real things that lived in your backyard!! Matt tried to assure me it was probably a different snake than the one I saw last night...Oh, thanks Matt, that really helped to know that we're infested!
4 comments:
I would be FREAKING out! I HATE snakes. And it doesn't help that Matt is so excited and wants to show the kids!! Tyler found a dead snake a few weeks ago outside and even though I was peeing he made me open the door to "show me something awesome" and then he made it touch me! Too much information I'm sure, but at least you know I sympathize with you! ;)
You poor thing! I would have had a heart attack! Are they poisonous? Anyway, i found you on jorelles blog, hope it's OK. Looks like you guys have quite the exciting life! Your kids are sooo cute! Hope all is well! Luv, Jessie (Bigelow)
5littlecuties.blogspot.com
Ashlee you are so funny! There are snakes were we live too. There was one on the play ground, I even touched it! Do you remember Katies snake, Bob. I wonder if it is still alive.
more updates...i need something to read!!!!
Post a Comment