Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Whole Lotta Pics!

After a few days in the hospital, we were definatly ready to come home! Here are some pictures of Jemma. I thought I'd better be quick about posting them since Heather threatened my life if I didn't.

As you can see I decked her out with all pink stuff, just so we didn't have any gender confusion. In the hospital I kept calling her a him. I guess I'm just a creature of habit.

The moment we got her home, Michelle slapped some bows on her head to take pictures. I think that's what I'm going to have the hardest time with. The boys are very low maintenance, with girls you actually have to do something with their hair, I don't even do with my own hair.

I'm so glad she's FINALLY here! The part I'm most excited about, I think, is that I can actually bend over now. Yea!!!! Well, yeah, and the fact that she arrived safe and sound, I'm pretty happy about that also.



I didn't make it home for Jacksen's B-day, so we celebrated the day after. My mom and Michelle raced around and found him a cake and decorated it with one of his favorite animals, dinosaurs.
In the picture below Jacks is roaring at the dinosaurs on the cake. He likes them so much that he played with the toys for a while before he even touched the cake and ice cream.
Jacks got a riding horse for his birthday. His other favorite animal. When he lifted the blanket to see his present, my mom asked what he was going to do with it. Before he could answer, Bennett excitedly exclaimed, "Share it!"
Matt handed him a cowboy hat that Jacks kept taking off and waving in the air and saying "Yee-haw cowboy" Sort of, we're still working on the understanding his gibberish stage.
I think this year Jacks had a good birthday, thanks a good deal to Mom and Michelle for doing all the running around. Thanks you guys for coming down and helping out. The boys were so happy to have you here. You did so much for us, and we really appreciated not having to worry about what was going on at home with the boys because we knew you had all the madness under control.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh she's cute! she looks like she has dimples!

Heather said...

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures of Jemma and Jacksen! SO CUTE!

lacey said...

I LOVE her dark hair. Reminds me of Kennedy. Very cute. And Jacksen is so stinkin cute ... even when he's growling! Isn't it funny that kids are such good "sharers" when it's someone elses toy?! Ha!

Kim and Justin said...

Ashlee congratulations!! She is so cute and I love the name Jemma! I'm so glad you have a girl, now you have the best of both worlds. You are the best mom and a great example to me. Love ya!! Good luck with three, now you guys are out numbered...

Kim and Justin said...

Oh...and happy birthday to Jacks!