Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Waste Management

Potty training... Need I say more?

After the first day, the thought of pulling my hair out strand by strand was more appealing than continuing to help Jacks meet with success.

However, NO. 1... Success!

NO. 2... Not so much.

So to try and excite Jacks into putting NO. 2 in the potty I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a ultra cool squishy potty chair. I made sure to let him know what this chair was meant for and that that alone was cool.




He caught my vision...However, not in the way it was intended.

He thinks it's cool alright

..to wear on his head

..to accessorize with it as a belt

..to use as a recliner while watching Scooby-Doo

You name it, Jacks has used his potty chair for it.

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Boy, do you have your hands full with that one!!! (I was referring to Jacks, until I realized that you literally have your hands full of something until that gets figured out!) Good Luck!!

Kristin and Jay said...

Now mine will only go #2 in the toilet (which I'm not really complaining about), but for some reason #1 is fine to do in your pants, or even better...a bowl, like she did this morning. REALLY a bowl?!!!! seriously! Potty training is NOT fun!

Crystal said...

Wow I hear you. I am going to have 4 boys to potty train. My second little one took to potty training perfectly and has been potty trained for a long time as for my oldest it finally clicked 2 days before his 5th birthday. I have tried everything. Got mad, yelled, been nice, rewards, new potty chairs, new underwear and nothing. Just keep working at it each day. I found the best thing is just to encourage, let him know hey you should go try to go potty. We got into a power struggle with Blayze and I think that was worse. I also did a lot of research on the internet for ideas or tips that would help that I haven't tried.

Sorry this is long. I could go on and on about it. It was hard but it will come. Just keep trying and be paitent. I know harder to do! You can do it!!

lacey said...

I have no advice, in fact if you hear any good tips send them my way!! Reagan constantly #1s and #2s out her diaper. She'll lie and tell me she's not stinky and is just fine sitting/squishing in her #2 all day long. AHHH

Monique said...

HAHA! Cohen did the exact same thing with his potty, squishy chair! No tips just give it time. I wish you luck. I know the feeling.

~Monique